Every first Sunday of the month, we hold an all-church brunch after the service from 11:30 AM-1:00 PM taking place in our downstairs Commons. For all sports fans, we play Sunday’s big game on our hi-def, big screen TV! Cost is free but all are invited to bring a dish to share. This is a great way to meet other people and get connected!
For adults, there are a number of ways to plug in. Each week, we offer a couple of different study group options. We also offer separate men’s and women’s groups.
- Christianity is Not for Dummies! – Meets every Tuesday from 6:30-7:45 PM on the main patio. This is a free form discussion group on all things faith and life related. Each meeting starts with a video on a faith related topic and is followed up with discussion. Is led by Pastor Tom Cullen. All are welcome and are free to bring your own dinner and join in the discussion!
- Home Groups – We have two Home Groups meet two times per month. Each group engages in a Bible study and a time for prayer and fellowship.
- Albany Home Group – Meets every 1st & 3rd Weds per month from 7-8:30 PM
- Hercules Home Group – Meets every 1st & 3rd Thurs per month from 7-8:30 PM
- Women’s Group – meets every 3rd Sunday of the month from 12:00-2:00 PM.
- Men’s Group – Meets every 3rd Sunday of the month at the church following the Sunday Worship Service at 11:45 AM.
Check the Calendar page for more details!
CHILDREN & YOUTH PROGRAMS:
Please visit our Children & Youth page for more info on additional programs that we offer for children and youth.
SERVING OUR COMMUNITY & WORLD:
One of the core values of our church is “Touching the lives of people in our global community in a relevant way”. Within our local community, we live this value out by participating in and providing volunteer support for the various local events such as The Solano Stroll, Halloween on Solano, and Dinner with Albany, National Make a Difference Day, and the CA Coastal Cleanup.
Schedule of Events for 2017:
Come join us to volunteer at any one of the following community events!
- The Solano Stroll – Sept. 10th All Day – Our table is located in front of our church at 1319 Solano Avenue!
- Halloween on Solano – Oct. 31st from 3-5 PM – Families and kids are welcome to come to The Church on the Corner for fun games, airbrush tattoos, and of course, candy!
- Christmas Eve Service – Dec. 24th from 5-6 PM – We’ll hold a special Candlelight Service on the Eve of Jesus’ birth!
Community Partnerships with:
- The Diverse Housing Working Group and the Albany Free Shower Program for homeless individuals and families.
As a part of our world outreach, we regularly support the mission work of the following organizations:
- Pastor Chamron Phal and his mission to Cambodia
- Fountain of Life – Africa and their 3 fold mission to provide water, schools, & health care to rural towns of Zambia.
- Compassion in Jesus Name and their mission to release children from poverty.