At The Church on the Corner, our passion is preparing people of all ages for God’s plans, purposes and promises by teaching the timeless, transformational truths of the Bible. That is why we offer a variety of resources to support you at different stages in your faith journey.
In our Resource Room, we have many books and videos, all of which can be checked out for free. We also offer various free workshops throughout the month. For the most current information on our workshop schedules, please refer to our weekly bulletin or our Calendar page.
PATHWAYS TO GROWTH:
Are you looking to grow in your spiritual walk? Locate where you are on your faith journey below, paths 1, 2, or 3, then follow that pathway to growth.
1 – Just Checking Into Christianity?
Are you seeking for answers and truth? You are not alone! The Church on the Corner offers many resources to help you along on your faith journey.
If you visit during one of our Sunday Service, be sure to stop by our Welcome Table next to our patio and pick up a free New Testament Bible along with a free book and additional materials to help address your faith questions. Books and DVDs are also available for free check-out from our Resource Room Library. Pick up a free copy of any one of the following resources from our patio Welcome Table:
- “The Case For Christ” by Lee Stroebel
- The JESUS Film (DVD)
- God of Wonders (DVD)
- Prophecies of the Passion (DVD)
- Where Does the Evidence Lead? (DVD)
If you are not quite ready to attend a church service but have questions and would just like to check us out, please consider attending one of the following weekly or monthly events:
- 1st Sunday Brunch – Takes place every 1st Sunday of the month immediately following the service from 11:30 AM-1:00 PM. Cost is free to attend and is a great way to get to know us and enjoy some great food too!
- New Here? Newcomer’s Orientation – Takes place every 2nd Sunday of the month following the service at 11:30 AM. Come bring your questions and learn more about how to get connected!
Also click here to learn more about What is God’s Good News for us, and/or visit our Facts on Faith page to find answers to some commonly asked questions. Also visit:
Feel free to contact us and we will get back to you right away to answer your questions or set up a time to meet in person.
2 – Getting Started as a Christ-Follower
So you’ve made a recent decision to place your trust in Jesus Christ? Now what?
One of the keys to your spiritual growth as a Christian will be to first understand God’s plans and purposes for your life by learning the timeless, transformational truths of the Bible. The following list can help you get started.
- Begin reading through the Bible starting with the New Testament (from Matthew to Revelation)
- Learn the basics of the Christian faith by downloading our free booklet: “Christian Faith Basics“.
- Get baptized (Matt. 28:19-20, Acts 2:38)
- Learn how the Bible can help you to establish peace in all areas of your life including with your finances, relationships, and with personal hurts and addictions. Check our Calendar page for the latest life skills workshops being offered. (1 Corin. 13, Eph. 5:22-32, 6:1-4, Col. 3)
- Develop a prayer life–start by memorizing the “Lord’s Prayer” (Matt. 6:9-13, Lk. 11:1-4)
- “6 Keys to Christian Growth” by Mark Weimer
- “The Purpose Driven Life” by Rick Warren
- “8 to 15 – The World is Smaller than you Think” by Tom Mercer
- “My Utmost for His Highest” by Oswald Chambers
3 – Becoming a Spiritually Maturing, Self-Feeding, World-Changing Christ-Follower
- Spend time with God through daily prayer and Bible reading. (Jam. 5:13-16, Eph. 5:25-27)
- Grow in accountability to and love for God and to others. (Mark 12:30-31, Jam. 4:7-10, Psa. 139, Eph. 4:25-32, 1 John 1:5-7)
- Strive to live a God-honoring life as guided & empowered by the Holy Spirit. (Gal. 5:16-26, Rom. 8, 2 Tim. 1:7)
- Pray daily for, serve, and share your faith with those in your “Oikos” or personal relational world. (Matt. 28:18-20, Mark 5:19, 1 Pet. 3:15, 1 Cor. 9:19-23)
- Touch the lives of people around you by being a good neighbor and participating in community and workplace events. (Lk. 10:25-37, Gal. 6:9-10, Col. 4:5-6, 2 Cor. 2:14-15)
- Commit to active church membership to help build up the Body of Christ in your own community to reach out with God’s good news (1 Cor. 12, Eph. 4, Heb. 10:24-25)
- Support your local church by serving with your spiritual gifts and financial giving. (1 Cor. 12, 1 Pet. 4:10, Mal. 3:6-12, 2 Cor. 9:6-15)
- Learn sound biblical doctrine and how to promote unity in the Body of Christ. (1 Tim. 1:3-7, 6:3-5, Acts 20:30)
- Grow as a godly leader in all areas of your life. (1 Tim. 3:1, Rom. 12:6-8)
- Read through the Bible, starting with the Old Testament
- “What the Bible is All About” by Dr. Henrietta C. Mears
- “Talk Thru the Bible” by Bruce Wilkinson
- “I am a Church Member-Discovering the Attitude that Makes the Difference” by Thom S. Rainer
- “One to One Bible Reading” by David Helm
ADDITIONAL GROWTH RESOURCES:
Christian Parenting, Marriage & Relationship Resources:
- “Sacred Marriage” by Gary L. Thomas
- “For Men Only” & “For Women Only” by Shaunti Feldhahn
- “Love and Respect” by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
- “When God Writes Your Love Story” by Eric & Leslie Ludy
- “Boundaries” by Dr. Henry Cloud
- “Have a New Kid by Friday” by Dr. Kevin Lehmen
- “For Parents Only: Getting Inside the Head of Your Kids” by Shaunti Feldhahn & Lisa A. Rice
Resources to Support Sexual Integrity & Help for Abuses & Addictions:
- “Life’s Healing Choices: Freedom from your hurts, hang-ups & habits” by John Baker
- “Every Man’s Battle” by Stephen Arterburn
- “Every Woman’s Battle” by Shannon Ethridge